Requesting Streaming Videos
We welcome instructors to request streaming access to videos for their courses. Here is some useful information for getting started:
- The Streaming Video LibGuide includes information about streaming videos at Pacific, including currently-held videos and guidelines for purchase requests. We recommend reviewing this information before requesting videos.
- You can place requests for particular titles through our Purchase Request page.
- Most institutional streaming video licenses are for a fixed period of time, usually 1 or 3 years.
- Sometimes we are not able to license films, documentaries, or clips, due to limits in availability or budget. Some videos that are available on consumer streaming platforms like Netflix or Amazon are not made available for institutional licensing.
- Streaming video requests can take longer to process than other requests, so a few weeks or more of lead time is ideal.
- At this time, we are focused on filling streaming video requests in support of courses.
- Pacific University Libraries has a different licensing and access model for Kanopy than public libraries like Washington County and Multnomah County. If you see a video on your public library's Kanopy platform that you would like to use with your class, please place a request and we will do our best to secure access for your students through Pacific University Libraries.
Help Finding Streaming Video Content
- Do you want to browse for content that has a higher likelihood of being available? Use WorldCat's advanced search to search for a subject or keyword, and then filter your result set to the format of eVideo. This list will include titles in the desired format, from vendors that have worked with institutions like libraries.
- Do you want help researching titles that would be a fit for your class? Contact your subject area librarian!
- Do you want help with course design and/or educational technology? Contact CETCI!
Accessing Streaming Videos at Pacific
Here are some tips for accessing streaming video content:
- Streaming video content can generally be accessed at any time, by an unlimited number of users (limited to members of the university community).
- Streaming video content currently licensed by Pacific is searchable and accessible through the library catalog.
- If you have questions or difficulties with accessing streaming video content, contact us!