How Oregon's Public Health University Won Independence and Healed Itself
Paperback, 480 pages, 6" x 9"
ISBN 978-0-9884827-9-1 (pbk)
ISBN 978-1-945398-94-0 (epub)
ISBN 978-1-945398-98-8 (hbk)
ISBN 978-1-945398-97-1 (PDF)
"I know of no other academic health center or major public research university that ever made a change as radical as OHSU made in 1995: It left the state and the state system of higher education to operate largely on its own as a private corporation with a public mission. The architect of this change was Dr. Peter Kohler along with his leadership team, whose story unfolds in this excellent book, a worthwhile read for anyone with connections to academia or government.” — Phil Knight, Chairman Emeritus, Nike Inc.
- List of Figures
- Author's Note
- Introduction: A Singular Path to Change
- Chapter One: Setting the Stage
- Chapter Two: A Transformation Plan
- Chapter Three: Selling the Plan
- Chapter Four: The Legislative Battle
- Chapter Five: Transition: The First Year
- Chapter Six: Research: Path to Prominence
- Chapter Seven: Reaching for the Top
- Chapter Eight: OHSU Inc.
- Epilogue: A Model for Transformation?
- Key Players in OHSU's Transformation
Copyright © 2017 by William Graves. This book is distributed under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License, which permits non-commercial use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and publisher are credited.