SpacesTim & Cathy Tran Library, 2nd floor
The Makerspace will be open (by reservation) Monday, 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.; 3 p.m. - 7 p.m. and Tuesday - Friday, 12 p.m. – 7 p.m. starting January 29, 2021.
ReservationsReservations are not currently available. You can reserve the whole Makerspace or specific areas. We will review your equipment and space needs and get in touch with you about your reservation requests within a week.
- A | Mayku Formbox Vacuum Former
- If you have a solid object, including those you created on 3D printers like the ones in the Boxer Makerspace, the FormBox lets you mold a thin shell of plastic around it. It creates molds for anything pourable—such as chocolate, soap—as well as making shells for masks, miniature cars and other objects.
- B | Formlabs 3D Printers & Autodesk Ember 3D Printer
- Resin-based 3D printers that makes models created in Sketchup, Fusion, Tinkercad or any other 3D modeling software. The Autodesk Ember resin printer is suited for building tiny, intricate objects, such as jewelry.
- C | Glowforge Laser Cutter and Engraver & Squink Multilayer Circuit Board Printer
- The Glowforge Cutter & Engraver can cut or engrave a variety of materials, including leather, wood, acrylic, glass. It can be used to make stencils, patterns, jewelry, letterpress blocks and other objects. Students can use the Squink printer to build printed circuit boards with multiple layers, using conductive or insulating inks, conductive glues and placing surface-mount components. If a student imagines an electronic device, the printer can create a prototype.
- D | Wash & Cure
- The Wash & Cure works in tandem with the 3D printers.
- E | Work Station
- F | Work Station
- G | Golding Pearl 7x11 Letterpress
- Built in 1891 this is a ﬂ oor-model platen letterpress which is operated with a foot-tredle. Best suited for printing a letter-sized page or smaller, with multiple passes, a larger sheet can be printed. Printing is done, one color, one sheet at a time. Training required.
- H | Kelsey 3x5 Letterpress
- Small but mighty presses, these table-top models are easier to use than the Pearl. The platen press if suited for small cards although larger sheets can be printed with multiple passes in the press. Printing is done, one color, one sheet at a time. Training required.
- I | Einscan-Pro 3D Scanner
- For scanning larger objects, such as a human arm or leg, the Einscan-Pro captures data that can be converted into a digital 3D model. It works with all popular CAD and 3D modeling and printing software.
- J | Robotics & Microcontrollers
- We have a number of Arduino andRaspberry Pi microcontrollers, sensors and parts.