Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad)
What is ILLiad?
ILLiad is the account you use to request articles and physical items* you can’t find at Pacific or through the Summit catalog. The service is available for free to all current** students, faculty, and staff associated with the University, regardless of location. Delivery of physical materials is provided to all Pacific locations and to individual addresses for distance learners.
- *Please do not use ILLiad to request your required course textbooks. ILLiad can be used to provide research materials of all types, but is not a service that provides textbooks required for current courses at Pacific University.
- **Please note: This service is available only to current Pacific University students, faculty, and staff. Community patrons should inquire about interlibrary loan options at their local public library. Alumni may request copies from Pacific’s collection of journals in print, please contact ILS staff for more information on availability of services and access to ILLiad.
Register and create an account
Login to ILLiad with your PUNet ID and Password, and fill out the one-time* registration information. In ILLiad you will be able to:
- Request copies of journal articles, reports, conference papers, books, media, and more from other libraries when you don’t find the material at Pacific or through Summit.
- Request copies of articles from the library’s print and microfilm resources.
- Access, save, and print articles posted to your account in PDF format.
- Check the status of your requests
- View or modify current requests
- Renew your loans
- View past requests
*Once you register, you won't need to do it again. But please update your information with changes as they occur, especially name, school or college, and address.
Submit requests to ILLiad
When you find the item or article you want, click on the Request from Interlibrary Loan link (start with the TotalAccess@Pacific link when requesting through databases). ILLiad will open. Login with your PUNetID and password, and the request form will auto-populate. Click on the "Submit Request" button, and you’re done. You can also log in to your ILLiad account and fill out a request form.
Contact Interlibrary Services staff
If you have questions or need help with your account, please contact the ILS office.
email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Interlibrary Services) phone: 503-352-1413 (Mon – Fri, 8 am – 5pm)